Claim this listing
- Must have a Tertiary qualification in Agriculture; Animal husbandry and/or similar farming management qualification.
- The ideal candidate would have sound knowledge of Breeding Cattle (breeding herd over 1000 breeding cattle).
- Feedlot Experience (above 1500 cattle in feed).
- Extensive farming experience; Minimum ten years’ cattle farming experience.
- Additional experience/knowledge/qualification in cropping will be advantageous.
- Minimum five years of managerial/leadership experience leading a team of > 50 people
- Strong MS Office knowledge. Computer skills & the ability to maintain computer records of the herd are essential.
- A Valid recognised driver’s license and able to drive a motorbike
- Administration for cattle section
- Ordering of inputs
- Labour – allocation of work & manage over 100 staff.
- Allocation of feed rations, feed distribution & recording of stocks
- All cattle activities including medical treatments, weighing, branding, tagging etc.
- Maintain good records on a computerized recording program
- Irrigated pasture management & ranch grazing systems
- Farm mapping, monitor grazing availability
- Maintain & improve water reticulation systems
- Guide a team building new fences as well as R & M on existing fences
- Maintain & improve on the existing handling facilities
- Produce monthly reports
- A hands-on, out there on the ranch approach to accomplishing the above tasks
Email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org