- B Com Transport / Logistics Management / Similar Qualification
- Min 3 years’ experience in Operations at Management level within a similar environment
- Oversees / manages the daily dispatching of the fleet according to the planned schedules
- Assumes overall responsibility for the performance of operations management, staff and drivers as it relates to meeting the day to day operational requirements of the company
- Checks if all loads have left on time, ensuring the Shift Managers inform the stores of delays
- Ensures the communication channels with stores remain open and that all store complaints / requests are dealt with
- Conducts regular performance standard checks in all operational (task) areas e.g. diesel, backhaul / fresh produce collections, night drop key control, monitoring functions etc.
- The recording of staff attendance and absenteeism
- Initiates / chairs disciplinary action if and when required
- Ensures all security measures and work rules are adhered to by operations staff and drivers
- Compiles month-end KPI reports
- Checks the staff / driver overtime received from Payroll Clerk weekly
- Manages the outsource expense and the recruiting of outsource employees
- Liaises with HR on all staff matters
- Checking staff overtime making sure they stay in line and within the budget
- Compiles weekly / monthly performance reports, e.g. driver utilization, “on-time” departures / “on-time” arrivals at stores etc.
- Any other operational tasks that influence the efficiency of the transport operation
Email a comprehensive CV to: email@example.com
By applying for this position and providing Fokus Personnel with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful). Please note that your information will be processed for recruitment purposes only or for such purposes relating to assessing the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will not be used for any other purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
If your application is not successful, we retain your CV and other information provided for a period of 6 months after which it will be destroyed in a secure manner. If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.
If you are not contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.